Fujitsubo's spirit is to "produce the highest quality products". This has not changed since Fujitsubo was first established in 1931. This spirit does not only pertain to creating highly efficient and high quality exhausts and manifolds, but it also applies to our customer's satisfaction. This is the reason Research and development is performed with people, motor vehicles, society, environment etc, all thought as one, to create a product through diversity.
Fujitsubo is continuously pursuing advanced technologies. A chassis dynometer, 1/3 octave band sound analysis device, and other specialized equipment are utilized to accumulate important data from the latest technologies. Increased productivity through advanced 3D laser processing machines and automated pipe benders. Strict quality control with CCD cameras, image analysis software, and 3D CAD. Cumulative performance analysis through actual vehicle testing. This type of research, development, and production structure has led to the Fujitsubo patented exhaust manifold (Pat. No. 1320379).
The specifications for the Muffler(canister and resonator) are tested for each vehicle to obtain optimal efficiency and noise reduction. Utilization of Punching pipe, stainless demister, glass wool, cut wool etc are aid in noise reduction. Combined with unique sound tuning and improvement in exhaust efficiency, a sporty exhaust sound is achieved.
DPS(Dual Pipe System) Construction
- Lightweight Press Mold Flange
- A lightweight press mould flange has been implemented in the product dissection department to research lightweight technology.
Intense strength of t=2.3mm has been achieved (some products not included).
- Donut type Joint
- Stress on the exhaust system has been successfully decreased through high quality flex joints. Vibration from engine and chassis are absorbed by the flex joint reducing stress to the exhaust system.
- Lightweight Hollow Pipe Hanger
- Use of Lightweight hollow pipe hangers allows for more than 50% weight reduction and at the same time, is more efficient in preventing the support rubber from detaching, when compared to a solid equivalent.
- Thin Hanger Baseplate
- Concentration of stress is prevented through the base plate.
- SUS304 Stainless Welded Parts
- TIG welding is used exclusively for a combination of strength and durability, as well as a high quality finish.
- Straight Layout
- Through research is performed on each application to find the most efficient and free flowing path for the exhaust from the main pipe to the exhaust tip.
- Racing Experience
- Fujitsubo continues to challenge. The Fujitsubo Impreza takes part in the Super Taikyu endurance racing series. Valuable experience is acquired in a variety of motorsports activities. This assists in new product development and drives development of new innovative technologies, meeting the needs change, which is thought as a valuable asset.